Josh, Victoria, Lincoln, and Brooklyn

Monday, May 28, 2012

Mother's Day

Becoming a mom has bee the most fascinating and indescribable thing that has happened in my life.  Watching my kids play, laugh, grow, and reach new milestones is breathtaking.  I have also never been more exhausted!  Life most likely won't slow down any time soon though.  School, clubs, sporting events, and sleepovers are just around the corner...  Ahhh!  :-)  


We spent the morning at church then had breakfast with my parents and Josh's mom at I-HOP.  It of course was delicious.  We then headed over to the market to walk around as the day was beautiful.  Everyone in Olympia had the same idea about visiting the market so finding parking was quite a challenge.  we then headed home because Lincoln was in need of a nap. Little did we know that we would be reaping the effects of his lack of sleep for the next three horrible days...  I recall thinking that I couldn't quite understand how mom's could be wishing for long periods of time away from their "monsters."  Well, let me tell you, three days of non stop whining, pushing buttons and flat out refusing to do anything you ask will put you there really quick.  Luckily it was only three days.  I love him to death, but wow, sleep and routine is soooo important, as is discipline and consistency.  


This year I got the best present from the kids ever!  At daycare they made me (well more accurately, Angie and Mary made me) a Mother's Day t-shirt.  It's me new favorite shirt for sure and I wear it nearly every weekend.  



No comments:

Post a Comment