Josh, Victoria, Lincoln, and Brooklyn

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow!

Well, we finally got the first real snow of the winter season.  The first sign of it was a bit of a tease. It snowed, melted, snowed, then melted.  I hadn't purchased snow pants or gloves for Lincoln because I figured if I did, we would get no snow and he would never wear them.  Naturally, the snow did come and he had no pants...  Luckily he was perfectly content to wear his wind breaker pants with fleece jammies underneath.  I was most concerned that his fingers would be freezing because the only gloves I had for him were not water proof.  He however could have cared less.  He loved playing in the snow with the dogs and did not want to come back inside. 








Then we got the news reports that the big storm was coming early Wednesday morning.  I was so excited!!  Tuesday night I was a bit worried that they were wrong and that Rochester was not going to get very much snow at all because nothing was happening.  I was delighted when I awoke at 2:00 a.m. to feed Brooklyn and found a beautiful wonderland had transformed out yard.  We got 13 inches!  I don't ever recall getting that much in our area!  Josh stayed home from work, we bundled the kids up and headed out to make a snow man.  We had tried a few days before, but the snow was too dry.  With all of the freezing rain the snow was great for snow balls and a snowman.  Josh did the hard part and I got to decorate  :-)   









The dogs were cracking me up as they tried to navigate their way through the snow.  They looked like deer frolicking through the white abyss.  Morgan like it for about 15 minutes then wanted to be inside.  Thor however loved running through it and exploring.  He desperately tried to get Morgan excited enough to play with him, but it didn't work too well after those first 15 minutes!


1 comment: