Josh, Victoria, Lincoln, and Brooklyn

Sunday, January 15, 2012

The Big Brother

After bringing Brooklyn home I am constantly gawking at how huge Lincoln seems!  It is hard to believe I thought of him as my "baby."  Hahaha!  He looks like a giant in comparison to his sister.  It is so easy to overlook the fact that they are constantly growing and changing. 

I finally got Lincoln in for his two year appointment...  Only three months late.  My kiddo weighs 30 pounds!  He is somehow in the 90th percentile for height?  It has to be his torso because his 24 month jeans are still a bit long.  He is just getting so darn big.  It is so true how fast it all goes and I don't want to forget anything or miss anything.  Seems like we were just bringing him home from St. Petes the other day.
 



I absolutely love this age.  He is constantly saying new words, phrases and sentences.  His new thing is to apologize for EVERYTHING!  "Sorry Daddy, sorry Mama, sorry baby..."  I love him to pieces.  He is learning more and more letters and he recognizes different places we go to in the car.  For example after his play date with Griffin, he now says "hi Griffin" or "bye Griffin" when we drive by Griffin's house without any prompting from me.  We are working on colors.  He is understanding that green means "go" and red means to "stop."  He reminds us while we are driving when he sees green and red lights.  He is still obsessed with trains and cars and The Polar Express became a new favorite in his movie collection. 
    

The other night I gave in and we watched Finding Nemo and had family movie night with popcorn.  We had already watched The Polar Express (for about the 25th time I might add) earlier in the day and I really don't want him to just watch TV all day, but my exhaustion won out in the end and we had a relaxing night. 





Josh and his dad took Lincoln to the Monster Trucks at the Tacoma Dome yesterday.  I was so excited for him to have that memory with his dad and Papa or rather for them to have that memory with him, but was a little sad not to have gotten to personally see his reactions when the trucks first came out!  Don't worry, he had his sound cancelling ear muffs with him :-)  Josh said he had a great time, but he fell asleep at the end!



No comments:

Post a Comment