Josh, Victoria, Lincoln, and Brooklyn

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

2 Weeks!

Brooklyn?  Two weeks already, it can't be?  Thinking about it makes me fretful about having to go back to work!  She had her two week check up recently and is already growing like a weed.  Her Dr. said at two weeks the goal would be that she had gained back her birth weight (7lbs 9oz) and that she did!  She weighs 8lbs 5oz (75th percentile).  She is now 21 and a half inches long (95th percentile.)  The shock to me was the size of her head!  I thought for sure it was much smaller than Lincoln's, come to find out her head is in the 90th percentile...  Lincoln's was bigger, but not by much, 94th percentile.  Her pediatrician listened again for the heart murmur and was able to hear it faintly.  She recommended we have a pediatric cardiologist check it out just to be safe.  She thinks that it will resolve itself and sees no signs that Brooklyn is having heart issues.  I am trying not to panic as I am sure everything will be fine, but as a mom the 'what ifs" keep weaseled their way into my mind.  I've been praying for her and snugging her as much as possible of course to keep those thoughts at bay. 


My amazing friend Amy offered to have Lincoln over for a play date while I took Brooklyn to town for her appointment and he had a wonderful time.  He and Griffin are 7 months apart, Griffin being older.  I think they will be quite the buddies after their play date.  They are both very much into cars and trains.  Lincoln was even talking about playing with Griffin and Thomas when I put him to bed that night. 



        

1 comment:

  1. Actually the boys are only 5 1/2 months apart and I love it! We definitely need to do play days for them more often so they can continue with this adorable friendship! Lincoln is always welcome to come play - he is such a good boy!

    ReplyDelete