Josh, Victoria, Lincoln, and Brooklyn

Thursday, January 5, 2012

1 Adult, 2 Kids, 2 Dogs, 1 Cat...

Well, I survived day one alone with the family...  It went much better than I expected as I had a half day of this the day prior and it was not good.  Maybe the hormones played a part, but I am glad that it was better yesterday.  I realize that guilt will be a huge thing that I need to overcome.  This will be quite a challenge as guilt is a challenge for me on a day to day basis.  Tuesday was Josh's first day back at work and Brooklyn was up most of the night.  She wasn't crying or upset, but was wide awake none the less.  I was exhausted so I decided to take Lincoln to daycare in the late morning so I could come home and get some sleep.  It was so hard to drop him off!  I felt so much guilt!  How could I just drop him off somewhere and spend all my time with Brooklyn.  And how could I spend quality time bonding with Brooklyn if I have Lincoln all day too?  Will he be ok with less attention?  Will he freak out and be hurt?  It didn't help initially that he was upset when I dropped him off as he hadn't been at daycare for two weeks due to me being home on Christmas break.  However I felt much better after Angie (one of the wonderful daycare ladies) text me about how excited Lincoln was when Connor got off the bus from half day kindergarten.  I knew he was having a blast playing with the kids he hadn't seen in two weeks.  And I know that it is great for him to have the social interaction with the other kids.  I also was able to come home and take a much needed two hour nap.  In the end it worked out wonderfully, but that darn GUILT!!!!  GRRR!!
  
Yesterday I kept Lincoln home and the day was great.  Challenging at times for sure and I was so tired (coffee has been a must every morning), but we did have a fun day.  Lincoln played with his toys and the dogs and he even slept for nearly three hours!  The dogs must have worn him out!  Haha! 





Brooklyn had a much needed sponge bath.  Her skin is so dry and flaky, the poor girl :-( 


Compare her looks with Lincolns... 


We started the potty training thing again yesterday as well.  No successful "potties" in the toilet yet, but we will keep trying.  I set my alarm for every 30 min and when it goes off we try to go potty.  We will see how it goes today.  We also started a new "incentive" program, The Sticker Chart.  Lincoln gets a sticker for getting his eye drops (he screams bloody murder when we do the drops/ointment), trying to use the potty, and brushing his teeth.  He LOVES it so far. 


1 comment:

  1. Have I mentioned what a great mom you are? Try and remember and ask yourself, is this "true" guilt? Don't let the enemy steal your joy. Love you soooo much...mom

    ReplyDelete