Josh, Victoria, Lincoln, and Brooklyn

Sunday, December 18, 2011

My Best Friend

It is hard to believe that seven years have gone by since Josh and I tied the knot or that we went on our first date 12 years ago.  I am so happy to be married to my best friend!  I have to say that reflecting on my marriage experience and the experiences and examples of those around me has really made me realize how difficult it is.  Making my marriage gratifying and joyful has been one of the hardest things I have ever done in my life.  I'm not saying that it isn't worth it because it is the most fulfilling and rewarding thing that I have in my life as well.  My point is that I've come to realize how important is is to work together as a team, to communicate, to choose your battles, to put your relationship over your own petty insecurities, to realize that you are both constantly growing and changing; therefore there will always be routine "maintenance" that needs taken care of, and that both people have to work at it.  As I look back and see how our relationship has drastically changed I am excited for the future and what it holds for us and our family.  This year we don't have any major plans due to the fact that we are awaiting the arrival of the newest member of our family any day now.  Here are some pictures to show how we have physically changed over the last 12 years...  YIKES!! 


Hahaha!  We are so young!!  15 and 16...


Prom my senior year... 18


My 20th birthday...


Our engagement pictures  20...


Our Wedding   21...


Friends wedding 23...
 East Coast trip  25...
 Christmas Party 27...
Family wedding almost 28....

2 comments:

  1. You guys are so cute and look like babies in that first picture. Victoria - you are so gorgeous in all these pics. Happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So amazing to think about when you two were first "liking" each other and then dating....now where you are today. Congrats on your seven years of wedded "work". :) Before you know it you will be celebrating 10; then 15; 20; 25.....

    Love you....

    ReplyDelete