Josh, Victoria, Lincoln, and Brooklyn

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Back to Work

I know it's been a while...  I am now officially back at work and it has been crazy to say the least.  Dropping the kids off the first day was a day filled with mixed emotions.  I love my job so I was kind of excited to get back into my routine at work and see my kids.  I LOVE my kiddos more though and was really sad about leaving Brooklyn because she is so little!  I have to say though that it was easier the second time around.  Partly because I knew that the kids would be at daycare together and I think because in the back of my mind I knew that everything went well when I left Lincoln two years ago and he is a happy kid today.  None the less I was fighting tears as I headed to work with two empty car seats in in the back of the car.  As I walked in to my classroom I broke down when I saw the cards, flowers and candy on my desk from my loving co-workers and friends.  A huge mood boost occurred when the bell rang at 8:00 and my students entered the room with overjoyed looks on their faces.  I was showered with hugs and warm welcomes and ended up having a great day.  Naturally I was ecstatic to leave at the end of the day and pick up the kids.  I was happy to hear that they both had GREAT days as well.  No problems whatsoever.  We came home, put rubber boots on and headed out in the rain to play in the puddles that Lincoln LOVES.  He had a blast and was not happy when I made him come inside!  A few days later he was confused about where the puddles had gone.  He decided the water must have gone down the drain!  Funny kid! 










The rest of the week went well for the kids and I can say that the hardest part has been getting myself back into the routine at work.  Between feeling out of the loop, pumping, and trying to keep things running smoothly with Cispus I am really stressing out.  It sometimes feel like such an uphill battle and I am working on thickening my skin.  My sunshine in the rain is definitely my beautiful family that I get to come home to every day and spend the weekends with.  This season will pass is what I keep telling myself and summer is just around the corner!  My students are wonderful and I have a fun teaching partner!       

2 comments:

  1. Sweet little kiddos you've got! :o) So cute and Brooklyn is so fancy! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you have a great week and that all the Cispus stuff comes together! :-)

    ReplyDelete