Josh, Victoria, Lincoln, and Brooklyn

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

A Work in Progress...

It's funny how one moment you have all of these plans and ideas for your life and your family floating around in your head until one day you realize that God has other plans...  This was what happened with Lincoln's room.  Well, not just Lincoln's room, but really the idea of having more space in our home overall.  I had all of these ideas about what life would be like when we had two children and nowhere in my fantasy did they share a room...  However, we realized that with Josh still not being able to find a full time permanent job our plans to complete an addition on our house before baby number two arrived was put on the back burner.  I'll be honest I was very upset at first and took a couple of self pitty days, but I eventually pulled it together and began trying to make the best of our situation.  I've learned a lot through this time of disappointment.  I constantly remind myself of those that are facing things that make my problems seem like tiny grains of sand!  No matter how small I have learned a lot over the past few months.  As I am reflecting on this I realize the things learned were not earth shattering.  In fact they were things that I already knew, I just hadn't been forced to put them in to parctice.  I've learned how to not dwell on the negative, focus on the positive and to put all your efforts and energy into making the best of your circumstances.  So, all of that to share with you the room that Lincoln and Brooklyn will eventually share.  Mind you it is still a work in progress as I believe we all are as we go through life...  :-)

It was really hard to find a color scheme that would work for a boy and girl.  Especially when nearly every girl bedding set is pink or purple!  I'd say the room is pretty bright and original.  The paint color is a bit brighter than I was picturing in my mind, but I don't think it is awful...  We do have 3 more months before Brooklyn arrives so I suppose we could always repaint...  Nah!

I got the idea for the tree from a friend's pin on Pinterest (a great site I recommend if you are into projects, cooking, crafting etc.).  I guess you can buy the trees online and I've also seen them in Jo Ann's, but they are pretty expensive, so I painted mine.  The leaves are card stock cut outs with tacks glued onto the back.  The flowers are also card stock with a button sewn on them and a tack glued to the back.  The three main branches will eventually have brown shelves on them, I just need to find the right shelves and mount them...


Lincoln's bedding came from Ikea as did pretty much all of the decor on his side of the room.  I LOVE IKEA!!!  






The crocodile mirror gets a bit lost on the green wall so I am debating on possibly painting a chocolate frame around it to make it stand out more.  


We still have yet to hang the bookshelf...


Brooklyn's decor so far is two IKEA mirrors with flowers glued into the center and ribbon attached to the back for hanging.  We will eventually get the crib put together and her bedding on the bed.  Here is the bedding I picked out for her.  It was really the color scheme and the starting point for the entire room.    



   

1 comment:

  1. Love it! You are so good at thinking outside the box and are so darn crafty. Great job! Don't work too hard and make sure you are getting some rest...

    ReplyDelete