Josh, Victoria, Lincoln, and Brooklyn

Sunday, September 18, 2011

My Baby is Two!

I was realizing as I typed this title that I only have a few more months of calling Lincoln my baby!  Brooklyn will be here before we know it and she will be the baby...  So weird!  I can't believe Lincoln will be 2 tomorrow.  Its surreal to think how much our lives have changed in the last 24 months!  The big birthday party was yesterday and just like last year the rains rolled in just in time...  I'm not going to lie, the pregnancy hormones got the best of me and I was in tears about the weather as it monsooned in the morning, but perspective came shortly there after and we got to work on the preparations!   

The debate was whether or not to go with Toy Story 3 or Trains as the theme for the party.  Trains won. :-)  The trains are pretty much a permanent fixture in our living room window seal... 


Next was deciding on the invitation.  I found these at Snapfish and LOVE  them!  I was able to choose a photo and add the wording that I liked. 


My friend Amy used the invitation to inspire the cake design.  She did an awesome job!  The cake was white with raspberry filling and the cupcakes were chocolate with peanut butter frosting as requested by Josh.  Check out her work at Party Cakes by Amy.



All the little details...  I did not spend nearly was much time on planning the second birthday as the first, but I think it came together alright anyway.  I ordered bandannas, train whistles, and train suckers from Oriental Trading and that was the main decor along with red and blue serving wear. 


The party favors...  


The picture collage in the shape of a "2" did not turn out how I hoped, but an hour before the party was to start I still hadn't created it....  Oh well :-)


Amy was kind enough to bring over her Thomas the Train for the kids to enjoy during the party.  It was quite the hit!  Returning it should be fun....



Wouldn't be a party without the guests!  I am so glad everyone braved the weather and came to celebrate with us!  The kids were unfazed by the rain as usual. 




Lincoln even took time to eat his favorite foods, mac-n-cheese and berries!





Lincoln was very blessed or spoiled, however you want to spin it....  It took him a while to catch onto the fact that he needed to open all the presents and then play...  With so many kids everywhere it was very chaotic...  I was close to a breakdown, but held it together and we all made it through gifts!  



The last item on the agenda was to eat that beautiful cake...  Lincoln was really excited about that part!


We tried to blow out the candles...


When it came time to eat he preferred the white cake with raspberry filling....


Despite the weather it was a great day.  We skipped out on doing the pinata because of the limited space, time and weather and I think that worked out really well...  Now I just have to figure out what to do with a pinata full of chocolate... 

Happy early birthday to my beautiful boy!  We love you so much!! 







2 comments:

  1. The party was so cute and lots of fun. You are such a great mom and Lincoln is such a sweet little boy. We loved seeing all of you and playing at your house. Thanks for a fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a fun party. Great pictures. Your little guy is getting to be soo big. Can not wait to meet your little girl. :)

    ReplyDelete