Josh, Victoria, Lincoln, and Brooklyn

Monday, August 29, 2011

The Great Name Debate!

Ok, so choosing a name for your child is quite an adventure!  The emotions remind me of when we first opened a joint checking account...  The feeling of, "I know where my money is going and I have it all in my head, but all of the sudden someone else is also spending money here and there out of your account..."  Ha!  Anyone that has a joint checking account knows exactly how well it goes those first few months (ok, lets be realistic, finances are a struggle for years!)  So, naming a baby isn't quite that stressful, but two peoples ideas about what they like and prefer for names is a touchy subject!  I think I mentioned before that throughout this process I found out that Josh is into the more feminine names whereas I like the more unisex names...  For example, I loved Brooklyn, Paige, Kendall, Jaelyn etc.  We went through an entire baby name book and compromised on only one, Audrina.  Finally though, Josh gave in and said we could go with the name I really liked (which really is fair because he came up with Lincoln Alexander :-))...  So, her name officially is/will be Brooklyn Noelle Brannin.  I LOVE IT and I am so excited to meet her!!!! 

3 comments:

  1. And it looks beautiful written out too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Good compromise Dad~ :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankfully Zach and I actually had a really easy time picking out names for both babies...I know Kyle and Amy struggled bigtime w/ both. hee hee Love both of your name choices--Alexander will be our little guy's middle name too. :) As soon as I read Brooklyn was a name you liked, I was like oooohh, i like that--and then you announced that is your choice--LOVE IT, LOVE IT. :) Glad you got your way.

    ReplyDelete