Josh, Victoria, Lincoln, and Brooklyn

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Bathroom Crafts?

We were in need of a new shower curtain so I recently bought one from Kohls.  It inspired me to add more color to my bathroom as it has been neutral creams, browns and tans since we moved into our house in 2006.  So, I went to JoAnn's and pucked up a few supplies.  I spent about $25 and have left over supplies to do even more craft projects later!

Ok, here was the inspiration...


Here is what I bought and what I already had laying around the house :-)


I started by drawing the design on card stock.


I then painted the design.


Finally I put it all together.  I used rock at the bottom, raffia to cover the top of the mason jar, and added a button for fun.  The flowers were something I had been previously been using elsewhere.


Next was my mirrors from Ikea.  The were originally black.  I spray painted one Blue and painted the same style design.


I spray painted the other two brown to match.  Next was some old pots I had bought and used for Lincoln's Dr. Seuss themed 1st birthday party...  This was what they looked like then...


I spray painted the small ones brown and added some decor that I bought at JoAnn's for 70% off!
 

Next was the large pot.  I spray painted it blue and painted on the flower design. 


Oh, I spray painted our toothbrush holder as well :-)


Here is everything all together a 360 degree tour of my newly decorated bathroom bathroom...  :-)














Overall I think I like it...  The camera is kind and does not show the blemishes!  I still have spray paint, and some of the blue berry decor left over if I get any more ideas!

1 comment:

  1. Cute stuff you crafty lady! Seems a little early for the nesting! But better to get it all done while you have the energy. :o)

    ReplyDelete