Josh, Victoria, Lincoln, and Brooklyn

Friday, November 11, 2011

Thoughts on Pregnancy with 41 Days to Go...

I am so ready to be done with this pregnancy!  I am much more uncomfortable this time around than I remember being with Lincoln.   It's not huge things, but annoying inconveniences...  These are the things I am looking forward to the most about not being pregnant anymore...
  1. Sleeping on my stomach
  2. Going to the bathroom and feeling complete relief immediately and for the following 4-5 hours
  3. Going to bed without the fear of a charlie horse waking me instead of my alarm
  4. Getting dressed in a reasonable amount of time.  Getting dressed while you are pregnant is like getting into a costume 5-6 times a day.  Once in the morning and every time you use the bathroom. Underwear in place?  Check.  Belly band in place? Check.  Pants pulled up so there is no sagging at least for the next ten minutes? Check.  Shirt pulled all the way down as not to reveal anything unwanted? Check.
  5. Sleeping without a pillow between my legs
  6. Looking at my legs in the evening after a long day at work and not panicking about the deformity that water retention has caused
  7. Having my lungs to myself
  8. Being able to get out of bed, off the couch and out of the car with out feeling like an 85 year old woman
  9. Drinking as much sweet tea and Mt. Dew as I want
  10. Having an alcoholic beverage such as a mimosa or an ice cold beer
I feel better getting that off my chest!  By reading the list above it may seem as if I hate being pregnant, but that is not the case at all.  It is an amazing thing and actually one of my favorite quotes talks about how pregnancy may be a woman's only chance to assist God in a miracle.  It really is miraculous and fascinating.  And, although I am complaining I know that I have had a piece of cake pregnancy.  I have had no complications, scares, or morning sickness.  I love feeling Brooklyn move around.  The thrill of hearing her heart beat for the first time and actually seeing her in an ultrasound are indescribable feelings even the second time around.  I am just to the point that I want to meet her already and be done!

When will she arrive?  This is a major stress I am dealing with as our December is pretty full...  We have of course Christmas and Christmas Eve that I would not wish upon her for birth dates.  We also have my birthday and Josh and I have our anniversary...  I am also worried about not being prepared for Christmas before she arrives!

What will her birth story consist of?  With Lincoln everything was so routine I am thinking that something is bound to go awry the second time around...  He was born on his due date.  My water broke at precisely 6:30 a.m. and he was born naturally (well I had an epidural!) without the aid of Pitocin at 6:31p.m. that evening.  I am a little worried about having a C-section.  It just sounds scary as I've never undergone surgery before with the exception of my wisdom teeth removal and that doesn't really count!
 
What will she look like?  Will she look like Lincoln or will she have distinct features of either Josh or myself?  Will she weigh less or more than her brother?  What if she was really a boy...  Ahhh!  That happened to one of my best friends!

What will her temperament be like?  Lincoln was pretty easy going.  He had no nursing, formula, gas, bowel, or colic issues.  He was really easy...  Does that mean she will be difficult?! 

Whatever happens I am ecstatic to meet her and to have her meet he wonderful family!  I hope time flies just a little bit...

I'm not really sure what to do with her when she starts playing with dolls because I have had so much fun playing trains, trucks, and blocks with Lincoln, but preparing her closet for her arrival has been rather fun and helps to pass the time... 

This is what she will wear home from the hospital to meet the dogs and see her home for the first time.  Granted she is not an over 8 pound chunk... 


Aren't these the cutest things you've ever seen!

She won't be able to wear this one for awhile, but the leggings are so stinkin' cute!

Gotta thank Auntie Jessi for getting Brooklyn this sleeper that I adore!  I was going to get it for her, but Josh said he hated it...  Hehehe, have to keep this gift now!


 


 

2 comments:

  1. At 39 weeks today, I can say that I TOTALLY hear ya on everything you have to say. I was smiling, giggling and crying reading this post--it is all so true!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super sweet post :). Made me tear up a bit, too. It was good seeing you the other day. You are definitely a cute pregnant mama. Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete