Josh, Victoria, Lincoln, and Brooklyn

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Brooklyn Projects

I am so blessed to have such generous and wonderful family, friends and coworkers.  I recently had two showers thrown for baby Brooklyn and I am now able to purchase her bedding set free and clear!  One of the accessories that you could order along with the bedding set was a decorative throw pillow.  From the second I laid eyes on it I LOVED it, then I saw the price, $53!!!  For a pillow!  One that you couldn't even sleep on!  Anyway, I thought I could make that for a much more reasonable price... 

Here is the actual pillow in the Glena Jean McKenzie nursery bedding line...


Here is my replica.  My mom found the pillow at Ross for $5.99 and I got the flowers at JoAnn's for a total of $3.  Under $10!  :-)



Another project I decided would be fun was making Brooklyn headbands...  I am so excited to have headbands with giant flowers on her head!!  This project wasn't as cost efficient, but I love the final product.  I found actual headband flowers at JoAnn's for $2.99.  I cut up one of my old elastic headbands and sewed it onto the back of the flower.  It was really simple.  They have all different types of flowers and elastic at JoAnn's and I am excited to make a new headband for her periodically.  Now she just needs to arrive.  I think I am nearly ready for her!  Her bag is packed, her newborn clothing has been washed in Dreft and smells fabulous, her car seat was ordered and my bag is nearly packed.  Now I am waiting to order her bedding set (I can get 20% off if I wait until November 27) and I will be all ready!  She really should wait until December 2, then I give her the all clear to come whenever.  Well, I would prefer sooner rather than later...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment