Josh, Victoria, Lincoln, and Brooklyn

Friday, November 25, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

I love hearing what everyone is thankful for during this wonderful season.  I have been thinking about how thankful I am for my home.  I was reminded the other day about the story in the bible when Jesus feeds the crowd of 5,000 with a small basket of fish and bread.  This symbolizes my home.  When Josh and I bought our house in 2006 it was perfect!  Perfect for two just starting out.  It has two bedrooms and one bathroom.  After a couple years or so went by, it started to get a bit cramped and I began wishing that we could do an addition.  We were ready to start our family and a third bedroom would have been great.  It didn;t happen.  Then low and behold we were  gearing up to welcome baby number two and a third bedroom seemed like a MUST, but God had other plans.  As I think back on these periods of time I am reminded of what I thought I needed and how we came to manage just fine.  Who knows when we will be in a position to add on or move, but for now everything is great and we are blessed with much in our little home.

To start our Thanksgiving Day we had a lazy morning (as lazy as a morning can be when you are pregnant and have a 2 year old).  I was blessed this year with having to prepare absolutely nothing!  We then headed to my Grandparents house to enjoy a delicious meal that included a 41 pound turkey that my aunt raised.  It was fabulous!  



Next we did the traditional gathering in the living room to scope out the black Friday sales and visit.  It was great to see my brother and Necia, as we don't see them often enough.  And of course Lincoln had a great time being tickled by Papa and Uncle Aaron.    




Because a lot of stores this year opened at midnight we decided to pull an all nighter.  We started off with a movie at the mall at 9:30 (Breaking Dawn).  My mom, Aaron, Necia, and Necia's friend Lauren went. 


We then braved the crowds.  We hit Macy's, American Eagle, Shari's for some refueling, and JC Penny.  I arrived home at 6 a.m. and crashed in my bed!  I can't even recall the last time I was out until 6 in the morning!  All in all it was a wonderful fun filled day with family and friends.  

  

No comments:

Post a Comment