Josh, Victoria, Lincoln, and Brooklyn

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Christmas Favorites

Christmas is my favorite time of the year.  Of course, I am ever thankful that Christ was born and is the reason for the season.  Without Him I can't even imagine what my life would consist of!  

Another thing I love about Christmas is spending time with family.  Life is so busy with work, kids, and everyday tedious chores that it gets hard to pencil in that quality time with friends and family.  I love that during the holidays people slow down (well, some do...) and take the time to cherish the ones we love.

Christmas music and lights are probably tied for third place.  There is something about Christmas music that just lifts my spirit.  I usually start listening way early!  Well, when I am alone in my car at least or occasionally in my classroom as Josh has a strict "no Christmas music" policy until the day after Thanksgiving!  And who doesn't love to look at Christmas lights?!

This year I went against my "fake tree policy" which is never to have a fake tree for our tree, but I decided with Brooklyn due to arrive at any time and our new puppy a fake tree would probably be the least stressful.  Don't worry next year we will be back to a real tree!  I did find some fun stuff to decorate the tree with this year.  I got some inspiration from the "Festival of Trees" at The Great Wolf Lodge.  Once I decided upon the fake tree I realized that I needed to get the only one I had from the storage closet in my classroom.  The only problem was that in the move somehow the "feet" for the tree got misplaced!  So next I had to figure out how to keep it upright.  Apparently Lincoln decided that Thor's chew toy belonged in the base...
  


Not long after starting Lincoln took an interest in helping me :-)


Here is The Brannin Tree of 2011, fun and quarky!


There was no way I was fitting all of my ornaments on this year so I stuck with my favorites and the ones with sentimental value.  

Josh and I got this when we went to prom in 2002.



The year I graduated from WSU with my BA.
Kelly and Danette brought this back from Disney world for me.

This was the last ornament that Josh and I received from his Grandma Nita before she passed away.  She always bought ornaments for everyone each year.

 
My mom and I took a road trip to San Diego the summer before Josh and I got married and she bought us these wedding ornaments in Sea Port Village.


This is Brooklyn's first ornament :-)  For some reason I can't get it to load right side up...  Very annoying!!



Here is Lincoln's ornament for this year from Grandma Brannin.  He LOVES it!  He is always wanting me to point it out on the tree.



And of course some of our family ornaments pre and post Lincoln. 

        

2 comments:

  1. Love the tree. Love the pics. Love reading your blog. Happy holidays to all your family. :) Can't wait to meet your little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tree looks festive and cute - and Lincoln looks absolutely adorable. He's such a sweet little guy. :o)

    ReplyDelete