Josh, Victoria, Lincoln, and Brooklyn

Monday, March 12, 2012

Lincoln the Singer

Lately Lincoln has been obsessed with songs.  He wants Josh and I to sing to him at night before he goes to bed.  I use to sing to him all the time before bed.  Some of our favorites were "The Ant's Go Marching," "If You're Happy and You Know It," "You Are My Sunshine," and "On Top of Spaghetti."  For a long time "On Top of Spaghetti" was his all time favorite.  It progressed to singing pieces and acting out the "sneeze" part as well.  He started making requests at bedtime for the "Thomas Theme Song" and the other day he asked me to sing the "McQueen" song.  The problem with that was as far as I know there is no "McQueen" song so I scrambled to make one up.  Well, let me clarify I just used a tune and replaced some names...  He has only recently begun to sing these songs on his own at random times and we LOVE listening to him.  I was fortunate enough to catch some on video :-)  No picture, just sound.  He is singing "You Are My Sunshine." 

2 comments:

  1. I also have to sing the McQueen song at our house, and the one Griffin refers to is the Cheryl Crow song starting out "I'm American Made" then it's lots of da, da, duh, duh, duh, duhs. That's all i know, but it makes him happy! :o) I love how similar our boys are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Hey Amy I swore Lincoln said there's his girlfriend one day when we were going to "grandmas" house from Victoria's...I mentioned it and she said...oh Griffin. Yep, but even more amazing to me is that he would know where we were in regards to "down the road" we were right by your driveway! They need to get together again. :) Thanks for being such a great friend to Victoria.

    ReplyDelete