Josh, Victoria, Lincoln, and Brooklyn

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Mystery Getaway...


I know it's been half a year since I have last blogged!!!  What can I say, life is busy and we don't have internet at our new house...  Yeah, yeah, I know excuses excuses.  Our mystery trip is just what I needed to get back into the blogging rhythm, right?  I guess time will tell, but this trip was so fun I can't help but reminisce.  Josh planned a much needed surprise two night getaway.  We haven't had a multiple night getaway together, no children, since before children entered our lives!  He was adamant that it remain a surprise up until the very end.  As we got closer he even went so far as to have me close my eyes so that no signage would give blow the mystery.  We ended up at Tree House Point.  I was ecstatic!!!  Josh and I watch the tree house show and I had mentioned a while back how cool it would be to stay in one...  He remembered!!!!  


It was quaint and relaxing.  There are only five tree houses available for rent on the gorgeous property that is nestled on a river in Preston.  Our tree house had only the necessities, a bed and an electric kettle for coffee.  It was bed and breakfast style with bathrooms located very close to our tree house.  The bathrooms were gorgeous and smelled incredible as they were made from cedar and had huge glass showers.  The main house had a beautiful seating area with a fire place for guests to use.  It is also where the fantastic home made breakfast was served each morning.  Ont he grounds there were a couple tree houses that had no electricity and were there merely for exploration.  There were a couple fire pits as well and the main house even had smores kits that were available for guests to use.  

I was in heaven!  We were only minutes from North Bend and Issiquah so we did a little shopping and enjoyed great food each evening.  Other than that we were content to relax and read to pass the time in the gorgeous greenery.  I would most certainly love to go back and try out a different tree house.  We were so close to Snoqualmie we would take the opportunity to do a day hike next time.  On our way out of town we stopped at Snoqualmie Falls.  It of course was beautiful.  It was exactly what the two of us needed!!   

The Main House

Our Tree House... Bonbibi






Our Deck... This was my FAVORITE place to be!
Fireplace in the Main House
Yummy breakfast!!!

Another Tree House...




Bathrooms


Lazy mornings on the deck :-)



Snoqualmie Falls


     

1 comment:

  1. I watch that show too I love it. It is so pretty there. Glad you got to have time with just each other. Great pictures

    ReplyDelete