Josh, Victoria, Lincoln, and Brooklyn

Sunday, February 9, 2014

NFC Championship Game

Josh and I were able to get tickets for the championship game against the 49ers! We had tried to get tickets to the previous playoff game, but like many other crazed fans, we had no such fortune. We actually missed out on tickets at first. Josh called and by the time he got through, they were sold out. But a few minutes later he received an email offer for tickets because we are on the season ticket list!!!!!!

I was estatic, literally bouncing up and down in my classroom. Thank goodness my students were at recess when I got the big news. Needless to say it was very hard to focus the rest of the week at work. I was dreaming about being in the stadium cheering on the Hawks!!!!! Luckily, I made it to Sunday.

We left at 9 a.m. and met some old friends for tailgating. Just being amongst a sea of blue and green was thrilling. There were people tailgating that didn't even have tickets for the game. On either side of us were huge commercial vans that had been transformed into Hawkmobiles! One even had a dish on top, a TV inside and the Broncos/Patriots game playing inside.

The excitement only increased as we made our way to the stadium. Melodious Seahawk chanting rang in our ears for the duration of our walk. Once we reached our seats we never left nor did we sit for more than 5 min the entire game. I nearly stroked out 12 times throughout the game due to the immense stress!  But with each positive play everyone in the stadium was bouncing around high fiving strangers. It was a blast. I was screaming so hard at times I thought surely I would pass out! But it was well worth my valiant effort to be a part of the noise that is The 12th Man.

On our way home we stopped for dinner because we hadn't eaten for the duration of the game. We went to Red Robin in Federal Way and nearly every person was in Hawk gear. People were chanting and hollering. It was epic. I am so glad we had the chance to be a part of it.

GO HAWKS!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment