Josh, Victoria, Lincoln, and Brooklyn

Monday, February 4, 2013

It's the Little Things

The clumsiness within was bound to score a point sooner or later. Really, I've had a good run. No major injuries due to being clumsy, just embarrassing annoyances. Until tonight. I thought I'd help Josh unload the groceries and slipped right off the porch, rolled my ankle and fell to the ground in throbbing pain. Who knows if its sprained or not. It felt broken and possibly as if my muscles and ligaments were in a rebellion against my bone. Alright, that may have been the ice talking or it may be that I am just a complete wuss! More likely the latter as the throbbing has finally dulled. As the profanities were screeching through my mind at the speed of light and I was attempting to be the good, responsible parent, Lincoln stepped in and wanted to help take care of me. He insisted on giving me kisses to make me feel better. This was followed by a big hug, an insistence to stay out on the couch with me (this is could have been an "I've just scored a great way to stay up past bed time ploy, but I didn't care), and an offering up of his favorite blanket to cover me. I have the sweetest son ever. Tomorrow will tell whether the sweetest son has the worlds biggest wuss of a mom or if the pain was a true reflection of the injury... If the first is true you can expect this to be the last you hear about my ankle.

No comments:

Post a Comment