Josh, Victoria, Lincoln, and Brooklyn

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Edgefield 2012

It was a long time coming, but the day finally arrived...  Girls night at Edgefield in Troutdale Oregon.  We left Friday after work and came home Saturday afternoon.  I know that our next girls weekend at Edgefield will be for two  nights as there was just not nearly enough time to check everything out.  Our scenic tour of the grounds was cut short due to the horrific weather.  There was thunder, lightning, and a torrential down pouring of rain.  However, the less than desirable weather did not dampen my spirits!  It felt so good to just relax, catch up, enjoy delicious food and drinks, and just have virtually no responsibilities outside myself.  I was relishing the thought of sleeping in and hitting the spa...  Haha!  I have come to realize that you can't retrain your body and mind with hopeful thoughts just for the sake of a "mini vacation."  In the end my body would not let me sleep past 7 and my mind just couldn't get past the "prices" at the spa!  Maybe next time I will schedule a spa treatment a head of time so that I can't talk myself out if it!  


Our room was "Bridge of the Gods."  We brought a few libations to mix in the room then we began our "adventure."





We started off with dinner and drinks in the Black Rabbit Bar and Restaurant.  




From there we headed to The Little Red Shed to enjoy a drink by the fire, but it was already full.
 



Instead we enjoyed spirits at Jerry's Ice House.  




From there we were ready for a more greasy bite so we headed to The Power Station.  The Power Station menu serves the classic McMenamins cuisine, so of course we ordered Cajun-ized tots and burgers :-)
We ended our Edgefield experience with a filling breakfast and a trip to the gift shop, but our vacation was not quite complete...  We officially wrapped up girls weekend with a trip to the outlet mall in Troutdale.




No comments:

Post a Comment