Josh, Victoria, Lincoln, and Brooklyn

Friday, June 24, 2011

First Official Day of Summer...

Well, today was the first day I did not have kids (my students), nor did I go into work.  It did not get off to a great start...  The good news is the day progressively got better.  Started off with a dentist appointment this morning and finding out that I have yet another cavity?!  Also, that I may need gum surgery due to my receding gum line.  Gives me chills just thinking about gum surgery...  Then, my little "angel" was really having a rough morning...  We battled with eye drops. Who knew the eyelid muscle was so dang strong!  The good new is after the timely ordeal there are still drops left in the container for his last day of drops tomorrow... Then he threw a few tantrums for no apparent reason I am hoping it is a combination of his eye infection and his teeth bothering him and not a new personality trait that we will have to iron out.  Every time we got ready to go outside it would start to downpour?!  Nap time finally arrived and mom took full advantage and took a nap herself.  Then the day got much better.  I'm not sure if it was the nap, the sunshine or the scrumptious high calorie lunch of mac-n-cheese, fries, and chocolate milk, but whatever it was I was thankful.  We were finally able to venture outside and Lincoln ran around the yard "mowing" everything in sight with his lawn mower while I got the entire backyard flowerbed weeded and my iris's cleaned up after blooming.  He even helped me load the wheel barrel.  He actually got upset if I started taking weeds from his pile and put them into the wheel barrel...  He also discovered he could climb our "tree char" :-)  All in all it turned out to be a wonderful start to our summer.  Looking forward to many adventures with my little man this summer!


1 comment: