Josh, Victoria, Lincoln, and Brooklyn

Monday, July 2, 2012

Operation Save the Cherries...

We have a beautiful cherry tree in front of our house.  Sadly it does not bear Bing or Rainier, but a tart variety of cherry, possibly a Montmorency cherry tree.  I have always thought that I should do something with the cherries it produces, but I am not a huge cherry pie fan.  My husband however does have a fondness for cherry pie.  Last year I planned on attempting a pie, but lets just say the ball was not in my court, the penny landed on tails, the odds of this event were not in my favor...  A small part of that was my own procrastination.  The biggest reason though had to do with the Mardi Gras like festival in which every bird in the county was apparently invited to my cherry tree...  It was bare in under an hour.  The tree has TONS of cherries and I have been keeping my eye on them to make sure that I don't miss out on trying that cherry pie.  This year I enlisted some back up for my bird watching...  Hehehe, the reasons for having kids just keep stacking up!  I told Lincoln all about the birds trying to steal our cherries and he set out to "defend" them.  It started with him at the window letting me know when birds landed in the tree.  Eventually he wanted me to open the window and I showed him how to use some tools to spice up his job and make it more entertaining.  






    

No comments:

Post a Comment