Josh, Victoria, Lincoln, and Brooklyn

Friday, December 28, 2012

Halloween

Alright, this is a bit overdue...  Halloween this year I found myself asking the question, "why the heck do we do this?!"  It was stressful to say the least, between running all over the place, getting two kids in and out of the car, and my eldest child throwing a fit and refusing to wear a costume.  Good times!  Being that Lincoln is so reserved, shy and clings to routine I had a feeling Lincoln would not wear a costume, but when I asked him about it repeatedly in the weeks prior, he assured me he wasted to dress up.  We found a "Jake the Pirate" costume at Costco and upon arriving home I decided to see if he would even put it on.  Much to my surprise he did.  The only thing about the costume he refused to wear were the boots.  So that evening he ran all over the house playing pirates and I thought that my mommy radar was off on the whole costume thing.




Haha!  Then Halloween actually arrived...  He refused to wear his costume even after reminding him that he couldn't technically trick-or-treat without a costume.  It was no use.  Tears were flying as we flew out the driveway to our first stop, Great Grandma and Grandpa's house.  There the kids received WAY TOO MUCH CANDY!  Full size candy bars of course as my Grandpa sees little use for the mini's.  







Next stop Grandma Tammy and Grandpa Mark's house.  By this time he was in a much better mood although he did let me know in the car that, and I quote, "I am never wearing a costume ever again Mama."  He was also getting the idea of wishing everyone a Happy Halloween!  It was really cute :-)





Our last stop was at Grandma Danette's house.  We visited, had dinner and the kids played for a while before we finally headed home for the night.   

      




No comments:

Post a Comment